Apprenticeship Available September 2023 – Apply Now
Apply Now – We have an apprenticeship places available now.
Apprenticeship training programme (3 to 4 years) for full AAT membership.
Working 4 days in the office and then 1 Day at a training centre you will learn all the concepts of becoming an accountant.
- Processing Customer Records.
- Double Entry Bookkeeping.
- Identifying VAT on receipts and different VAT schemes.
- Business administrations requirements.
- Cloud software solutions such as sage one, xero, office 365, sage 50c etc.
- Payroll and wages processing.
- Client bank reconciliations.
- Personal and Business Tax Returns
- Accounts production.
- Construction industry scheme.
- Management systems and dicision making.
- Plus much much more.
Information about the Apprenticeship programme:
- You will be required to attend college one day per week on a day release basis. We expect that all course work should be completed on time and homework be completed as required by the college.
- You will work towards the Association of Accounting Technician Qualification.
- Your contracted hours will be 40 hours per week including college time. Your working hours will be 8.30am to 5.00pm with half an hour for lunch and you will be expected to work mainly in the South Shields office and sometimes in the Sunderland office depending on the job which you have been assigned. You are responsible for making your own way to each office everyday.
- Your pay will be £227.20 per week and will rise when all targets are exceeded and you progress through the course. After becoming an AAT member at the end of your apprenticeship your salary expectation will be around £22,000 to £24,000.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and learn using the latest technology. We use some of the most advanced software’s available to accountants and therefore keen interest in computing and programs can be of real advantage.
- Develop and manage your own client pool and assist with their daily requests.
What to expect from apprenticeship contract.
Each apprenticeship contract will be awarded for a one-year period at a time. If you meet all of our expectations and pass your exams, then it is intended that you will progress to the next years training programme. At the end of the apprenticeship programme we have historically had a 96% retention rate on full time contracts with the opportunity to train to be a Chartered Accountant.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be treated as a full employee and will be expected to follow all the rules and regulations of the business. We have developed a full training program with the Northern Skills Group to help you develop and become a qualified member of the Association of Accounting Technicians. This will complement the work you undertake in the business on a day to day basis.
How do I apply
We are looking with for individuals with an interest in Accountancy and wanting to progress in a fast paced friendly environment. You should have 6 GCSE (or equivalent) at grades 5 or above including at least English and Maths at grade 6 or above.
This is open to anyone aged 16 or over and have left school.
(Items marked with a * should be entered in the comments box if applying online)
- Your full name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Your Postal Address.*
- Date of Birth. *
- State you are interested in the apprenticeship programme and why. *
- Your expected exam results or actual exam results if known. *
- A description about yourself and why we should pick you. *
- Details of any experience in an accountancy environment (not required but helpful)*
Once we receive all the information we will acknowledge receipt of your submission or email.
The closing date for all submissions is the 30th September 2023
These are excellent opportunity to help young people become a qualified Accountants in a rapidly changing environment.